Understand the business context and user needs.
Set long term goals and pick an ambitious but manageable piece of the problem to solve in one week. Create a broad range of different concepts.
- How might we?
- Long term goals
- Map a high level process
- Find examples for inspiration
- Sketch solutions
Critique each solution and decide on the ones that will have the best chance of achieving your long term goal.
Create a detailed storyboard as a group.
- Concept showcase and presentations
- Vote on concepts and features
- Decide on which part of the user journey to work on
- Make final detailed storyboard
Turn the storyboard into an interactive prototype and write the interview script for the next day’s user testing.
- Assign the maker, stitcher, writer, asset collector and interviewer
- Do a trial run, and make amends
- Write interview criteria
Interview customers and learn by watching them react to your prototype.
- Interviewer to conduct 5 one on one user tests
- Record user interviews and map out trends for what worked and what didn’t
- Produce a summary of the sprint and findings